Monday, August 24, 2015

Thinking About... Homemade Fall Soap!


Hey everybody! I made soap yesterday, and wanted to show you how! I found the recipe on Happiness is Homemade: http://www.happinessishomemade.net/2014/09/15/10-minute-gift-idea-diy-pumpkin-spice-soap/
and thought it sounded amazing! This is my take on the recipe since I didn't have everything :)
 So here we go....

Here are all of the items you will need: (From top left to right) 2 Soap molds (I used plastic Ziploc containers), a glass container with pouring spout, soap (I bought Goats Milk Soap from Michaels), Pumpkin Pie Spice, a Table Spoon, and a spoon to mix (I used a skewer, for some reason, but it worked just fine :).

Next cut out a fourth piece of the soap this will make 2 bars of soap.

Now microwave it!

I started with 30 seconds in the microwave.



After 30 seconds, stir some more and put it back in the microwave.


Keep up this process until all of the soap has melted....


......


.....


Great! It is all smooth now.


Next add a Tablespoon of Pumpkin Pie Spice.





Stir until smooth.






Now pour into your molds!



Next put them in the refrigerator all afternoon or until solid :).



Mine turned out very well! And they smell like pumpkin pie! So good :)!

If you have any questions feel free to leave them in the comments!
Have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow! That's so neat! Can you use different types of spices, like cinnamon? How does the soap feel when you use it? Is it very grainy, or smooth?

    And oh my goodness!! that soap looked so pretty with that ribbon! I honestly wanted to eat it :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words! Yes, I read that you can use many different types of spices, and even coco powder! I heard that cinnamon may irritate skin, so people usually use it in smaller quantities :). The soap is a little grainy, but it reminds me more of exfoliating beads, so it doesn't bother me :). It was easy to make, and smelled amazing! I definitely wanted to eat it too :)!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete