Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Thinking About... The Super Moon!


Hi everybody! I took a few pictures of the supermoon Sunday night and I wanted to share some of the photos with you all!

"The supermoon, which occurs when the moon is at
its closest point to Earth in its orbit, made the moon
appear 14 percent larger and 30 percent brighter.
The lunar eclipse, which occurs when the moon
passes through the Earth’s shadow, caused the
red color. Neither event is uncommon, but they do not
align often." www.nytimes.com

This will not happen again until 2033!

Here it is when it was very red.

The moon, not as red.


Here you can see the shadow of the earth moving away, and the original white of the moon!


Did you get to see the blood moon on Sunday?
Hope you liked my pictures! Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, those are some awesome pictures! It looks like you had a VERY clear sky that night! :) I was planning on staying up to see the moon, but around 10ish, clouds started covering the sky. So...yeah, no moon for me :( :P

    Thanks for sharing the pictures! Just wondering, how long did you stay up to take those pictures? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! That's too bad your weather wasn't cooperating :(. I didn't stay up too late taking photos, I'm happy they turned out well:). Photography is really fun, I love seeing the pictures on your blog too! Have a great day, and thanks for commenting!!

      Delete